Monday, December 27, 2010

It's Go Time.

So my blogging has been terribly inconsistent, and for that, I apologize.

So here we go, this will be a good one... I hope.

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but I'm sick of the Christmas posts. Everyone is all: Blah, blah, Christmas, snow, mistletoe. I got over that real quick.
Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. But once it's over, I'm ready to move on. I like being able to experience new memories. Like New Years!
[However, I am not looking forward to moving onto school. Jan 2. Bite me.]

But alas; I am excited to share my spoils.
I got the newest -okay, it was October- Tegan and Sara CD. Go check some of their stuff out. Northshore is SO frigin good. Give them a chance.
I got a clothing rack, the perfect solution to more needed closet space.
A beautiful necklace, the shape of an L, from my favorite red headed missionary. -It came along with a charm bracelet and earrings. He is so thoughtful and I can't wait till he comes home.

An ihome alarm clock. Waking up to Inevitable by Anberlin is probably the greatest way I've ever woken up.
TOO MUCH CANDY.
A couple sweaters.
Earrings.
Tights.
Gift cards.
PJ pants.
Another necklace.
Tons of makeup.
I think that's about it. The important stuff anyways. Hope everyone got what they wanted for Christmas.

So. New Years Resolutions:
Be better with church and stuff. I need to step it up.
Write Logan every week till he comes home.
Get a scholarship.

There's a few more than that, but some are personal and I'd rather not share with the world.

So this week I was re-rearranging my room, fitting all my Christmas presents into their new home, and I came across old letters. Old letters I wanted to forget. It was like a blast from the past. And now they just sit there. I don't even know what to do with them. Remind me never to clean my room again ;) Sometimes I hate how my past just comes to haunt me. But thankfully I learn from it.

So that's about it. Oh. My sister broke her arm on Christmas day and her and my mother spent four hours in the ER that night. Poor child. It was also her birthday on Christmas Eve. Love you girl.

I'm sure I could have made this post longer. But I'm kind of tired and I think I might be ready for another movie. Elise and I just got done watching 500 days of summer. (I got that for Christmas along with Fried Green Tomatoes and The Holiday.) Hurrah.

Hope you all enjoyed this. If anyone even reads this ghost town anymore. Everyone bask in delight of the new year and share your new years resolutions with me!

P.S. Here is a lovely pair of glasses I bought today. They may become a permanent part of my life.

xoxo -laur

P.S. I would like to add that my great grandmother, of 103, passed away this past week.
It was sad to see her go, but I'm so happy that she will have a joyous reunion.
She was an amazing, lively, vibrant woman and I hope to become like her some day.
She passed onto me this yellow belt and a pearl necklace:
Love you Grandma.



No comments: