Friday, December 10, 2010

Bet You're Jealous

Okay, maybe not, but this is so unlike me.

I have all my Christmas shopping DONE. Word.

So this week I have been grateful for many things. I have just felt so overwhelmingly blessed. Here are a few grateful spotlights of the week:

Red Lipstick [The dance performance went smoothly. I felt great about it!]
Florence and the Machine and Tegan and Sara. Couldn't have gotten through the week without them!
An amazing father who knows how to put a spare tire on in the freezing cold.
Big O Tires, for fixing my tires for free. Y'all are the bomb.
Tyler Ward and his amazing covers. And he is pretty cute.
A mother who takes my weird eating habits into consideration.
A washer and dryer. All my laundry is done! Now i just need to put it somewhere..
A really soft couch to sleep on while my room is.. an unfortunate sight, to say the least.
[I was going to take pictures so y'all could see what is going down. Buuut. I seem to have misplaced my camera in all the mayhem.]
Snail Mail!

So I have been trying and trying to come up with a reason that I can show you wonderful people this photo, and finally I thought: 'Screw it Lar. It's your blog, post whatever you like.' So I hope you guys enjoy this. Just imagine being there. Go to your quiet place. And as you go there, read this quote! [Ya might have to click and enlarge it for the full effect.]



"For just a while, calm your thoughts. In this moment, simply be.
There is much in your life, and there is much more to come.
Yet you have always been, and you always are, more than enough.

For a moment, let go of the way you appear and the things you’ve done. Feel the truth and power of who you are.
...In silence, there is much you can know. Beyond thought, there is much you can understand.

Touch the person who always lives inside the person you are. Be immersed in the beauty and wonder of being.
Feel the strength that is always there. And know that whatever may come, all is well."
— Ralph Marston.


Isn't that fabulous and wonderfully breathtaking to your soul? Mine too.
Thank you so much for all my followers who read and enjoy.
Hang in there y'all.
xo- Laura.

3 comments:

Hannah Elizabeth said...

So what I needed just before finals week. Thanks so much :-)

Unknown said...

Cool photo!


Lauren
www.laurensthoughts.com

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL quote--it fits perfectly with life, lately. Well, of course always, but especially during finals week at school ;)

I love all you have to share.

Quincy