Monday, October 4, 2010

accomplishments in my small little world.

The fact that I am wearing a black shirt in the picture below is most likely meaningless to everyone on the planet. Except for me. The significance of this shirt: I am now a supervisor at the place of my employment. [Okay, getting a raise is great too!!]

I feel like I work in a dead end job.

But a job, is a job. And there are so many people out there, grown adults as well, looking and hoping and wanting a job, any job, even my job.

I am so grateful for income. And my job truly isn't that bad.
I'm also trying out this whole "attitude of gratitude" thing. How's it working out for me?
P.S. Don't mind my work hair.


I would also like to express how grateful I am for comfortable clothes. Comfortable clothing is SO UNDERRATED.

Pants all the way from Georgia, ACDC tee shirt, and my dorky glasses. I feel so much better. Barefoot of course. (Again, please don't mind the work hair.)


Life seems so hopeful in some moments. Although I'm trying my best, I'm making mistakes too. [I definitely have my fair share of them so far, and many more to come, I'm sure.]
But I feel like I learn and grow every day.

The past few weeks I've loved..

visits from old friends.
comments on my blog.
the smell of my dad when I hug him.
when I photoshop a picture.
pictures from the missionaries.
saying exactly the right thing, at exactly the right time, to exactly the right person.
watching karma bite people in the butt.
emails just saying a friendly hello.
wearing my favorite bra, newly washed.
THE FEELING OF GETTING OVER THE STOMACH FLU. Yes.
having the perfect ratio of m&ms and chex mix in my mouth.
being a peacemaker.
imaginary games with my little sisters.
believing I can.
telling someone no.
my brother testifying to me that miracles are real.
finding things to love.

Life has been okay. Ups and downs, but that is life.
Love to all.
Laura.

No comments: