Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Despite all the cheeriness that has been going on around me lately, much of my self inflicted cheeriness included,

I'm depressed.

And I can't figure out why I shouldn't be able to be happy.

I have so much to be grateful for. So much.

I should be sleeping right now. Or doing something worthwhile. I'm not sure if I just had the urge to write, or if I'm trying to escape the insanity of being an insomniac. Either way, I'm sure I'll regret it once morning comes and my bed beckons me more loudly than usual.

I'm tired, but I can't sleep.
I have so much to do, but I just don't want to.

I don't want to grow up, nor do I want to digress.
That just leaves me with the present, which I'm not exactly thrilled with either.

I think one of my shlumps is coming back. I've been battling these 'shlumps' for awhile now, and I thought I had myself convinced that it was all in my head. That I can choose happiness..

But where's the happiness switch? It got lost in the dark..

P.S. Did I tell yall I'm a vegetarian now? I still eat some chicken, I need the protein for dance, but other than that, I'm done with beef and pork.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

YAY for being a vegetarian. :) I don't feel so alone now!

Laura Em said...

Woot. Yep, the stomach flu pushed me over to the vegetarian side.

ali said...

Dear Laur,
be happy :) :) please call me during your shlumps:( I wanna kick these shlumps in the bum.

Anonymous said...

I am also a vegetarian insomniac with depression haha what are the chances! I love your words it's like they're describing exactly how I feel.. But that's just the sign of a good writer.