Tuesday, January 4, 2011

what i am doing, i have no idea.

for the most part, i try and put my upbeat spirit into this blog, but at the present time, i just don't have it in me.

i went and saw Secretariat last night, and i adored it. it inspired me, with a new air about it.
it felt like the horse version of remember the titans.
i wasn't exactly excited to see it because i thought it was just 'another horse movie'.
but it was different and moving.

the main actress (diane lane?) said something along the lines of:
"This is about seeing life ahead of you, and you run at it."
at that moment, i mouthed to myself, in the theater of 60 or so strangers, those exact words.
throughout the movie, i repeated and pondered her words.

so my question now is,
why aren't i running towards the life i want?
am i scared? yeah.
am i lazy? h yeah.
do i know what i want? not really..
i may be doing a little jog, but i'm not running, not truly.
and that disappoints me.

not to say the movie wasn't motivation, indeed it was,
but instead of using the motivation it could have given me,
i just got stuck.

and now i'm left to sit it out. on this worn out seat with worn out shoes and a worn out heart.
everything in me is simply worn out, as of late.
i've been trying to get 'down time' everyday. no matter what.
time to just sit and be.
but when you go to school 7am-3 and work 3-11pm, it doesn't happen too often.
not often enough at least.

so i need to get my spirit back up.
i'm not sure how.
i need a lift.
i'm doing what i'm supposed to, aren't i?

what i want might not be clear, but it certainly isn't this.
enough. enough of this.
change is going to happen.
and i'm going to do it.

just wait and see..
..i'll be waiting to see too.

xo -Laur.

oh. and ps.
i saw knight and day -of course, cameron diaz is my favorite actress- and i loved it. i was supposed to see it when it came out, but it didn't happen so i never got around to it.
anyways, i love it. good gracious, it made me laugh out loud. i believe it's a must see.

1 comment:

Hannah Elizabeth said...

I think a lot of it is realizing that you want to change and running towards something. I think you have realized you want a change.

It's human to get in a rut and not know how to get out of it. Usually I go for a long drive and listen to music. It's a way for me to think.

try doing something just for you. make time. and think about what makes you come alive. and then do it.

at least, that's my suggestion...so you really don't have to take my opinion :-)

heart your blog P.S.