Sunday, October 10, 2010

Laura. Is. Back.

I'm back. And I'm ready to go.
This week I will kick Satan's butt.
He deserves a good kick in the butt after all the grief and crap he has given me the past few weeks.

This past week, I decided I was going to get better, get well.

This week I:
bought myself an ipod. It's an 8 GB, and it's bright pink.
fell asleep listening to music.
chatted with a person I respect very highly; he helped me a lot.
went on a walk.
took a nap.
french tipped my nails.
actually got ready for the day.
stopped counting calories.
got on facebook less.
started settling for my best. not perfection, just my best.
got a letter and pictures from Logan.

Annnnnd. This week I have a job interview :) :)
I'm not sure how it'll go, it really just depends on the amount of money, but it'd be a beautiful change of scenery and a really good opportunity. Everything will work out how it's supposed to.

I had someone say to me this week something along the lines of "It's like you are working towards happiness. Happiness is something that is just supposed to be part of you.." I know I am paraphrasing like crazy. But that made me remember,

Happiness is a journey. Not a destination.

This whole time I think I've been waiting to arrive.

Well. I'm done waiting. I'm gonna make the happiness. I'm going to start praying again. And being motivated. And all that good stuff.
I'm done faking the happiness.
This time, it's gonna be for real.


P.S. Doesn't this photo just make you happy?



2 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

stopped counting calories.... YAY :)

Laura Em said...

It's a great feeling!! Feels... Free.