Thursday, September 9, 2010

Shelter Me Oh Genius World

I'm trying desperately, it's just so hard to persevere
Stupid girl-- Shoulda know. I shoulda known.
Sometimes what's best is so unclear.
Maybe I was naive.
Maybe. Someday we'll figure all this out.
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert.
Don't seek what you don't need from me.
I'm gonna trade my old shoes for new feet; I grab a new seat..
How bout a round of applause? Standing ovation?
Now it's time to go. Curtain's finally closing.
It's a silly time to learn to swim on your way down.
How can I pretend that I don't see?
I'm just a pawn in your game, and this is checkmate.

Thank you to Rob Thomas, Cartel, Jessie Funk, Ryan Pope, Taylor Swift, Rhianna, Tegan & Sara, Making April, and Evanescence. For helping me out with this post.




Today is a rainy, rainy day. Just like the storm inside of me... I need to choose happiness.
But today just isn't a happy day..
I hear the thunder and the lightning and all I can do is agree with the sky.

xox. Laur.


2 comments:

:. Maddieson .: said...

Oh my this is b e a u t i f u l. You are so talented & I love your blog. So creative and fulll of life.
Keep it up!
...~Maddie~...

Laura Em said...

You are soooo sweet. I really needed that motivation. oxox