Saturday, July 3, 2010

Siiiiiiiiiigh.

The red is gone. It upsets me greatly. The blonde is gone too. :( One of the streaks of hair is still a little red, but not enough to tell. I'm sad to say I look almost, well, average. Ugh. Big, long discussion with my parents tonight. Basically the only reason I dyed it back is for my two little sisters and my little cousins. I want them to know following the prophet is important.

BAH!!!! THE STUBBORN SIDE OF ME IS WAITING TO BURST OUT!!!!!

Sorry, anyways. Sigh. My main reason for wanting to keep it: I want people to know it's what is on the INSIDE that counts. It doesn't matter what is on my head. It's WHO I am and the decisions I make. I am so sick of JUDGMENTAL people. One thing I don't like about living in Utah. Hate actually. People see a streak of red in my hair and they think 'Oh, she's going off the deep end.' Ridiculous. I'm sure that's what my parents feared too. I want people to know I can have a strong testimony and look different too. It's terrible that people think differently of others because of how they look. I don't want people to think I'm like that. If they see the streak of red in my hair, and SEE the way I act, keeping the commandments, going to church.... They'll know that I know it's true.

So sick of the judgments people make on other people. I want them to know I'm not like that.. But now all my individuality is taken away from me.

Did I explain every BIT of this to my parents?
Yes.
Did they listen?
They heard what they wanted to hear.

I saw '500 days of Summer' for the first time tonight. It was good. If you haven't seen it, go see it. It was different.

Siiiiiiigh. Grrrrr. Anger.

Laur.

2 comments:

Anna said...

So having pink hair made me a sinner too, eh? I understand where your parents are coming from, but I hardly think that having a few colored streaks in your hair dictates that you're going down the wrong path. The person assuming that you're going down that path is right alongside you on that path to hell which is definitely where you'd be because you have streaks in your hair, right?
You're a good kid, Laura. And that makes me sad that your parents don't believe that enough to let you change up your hair a little bit.

Laura Em said...

Exactly, exactly. Thank you Anna!

Sigh. People with narrow minds, I will never understand.