Saturday, October 24, 2009

Go to sleep.

WHY!?!?
Gah. I don't understand why people try and control things that don't have anything to do with them!! At all?? Especially parents. They always are telling me to clean my room. Why? You don't live there, I do. They say "Go to sleep!" Why?? My sleeping patterns do not effect you in any way. People who freak out drive me insane. Our personalities just clash.
CHILL. My bestie Elise always says "Life isn't this hard." SO true. Why don't you just take a breather and fake a smile at least? Hah. I hate drama, don't wanna create it, be part of it, anything. I wanna prevent it and fix it. No more freaking out people. Especially about things that don't concern you. Don't tell me to go to sleep. I don't care when you go to sleep.. Don't tell me to go somewhere or be something, it's my destiny. Not yours.
I want a fast car, to take me out of here. Anywhere. Anywhere but here. Full of judgments.I'm just sick of the guessing game of high school. SO FULL of forks in the road. Leaving people behind on different trails. People picking trails that don't meet up with yours for a couple years. Getting through the dark paths, and holding out for the light through the trees. Finding people hands to hold down the path. Every winding roads. Tripping on the rocks along the way. Finding the people who are carrying you down those paths. And finding the ones who leave you without a care.
How did I get on this subject? I don't know..

2 comments:

Megs said...

First of all, I have been there, i know what it's like when parents tell you to do things that are your choice. And i'm sorry that you feel like you're being judged.

I know it can be frustrating to have people tell you what to do or how to act, but believe it or not, one day you will understand why your parents tell you to do things.

It's one simple lesson i had to learn: They want the best for you. Although you may not feel like they have your best interests in mind right now, experience has taught me that generally parents know what they're talking about.

However disconnected from you or 'uncool' or not 'hip' you may think they are, they DO remember what it was like to be young. I guarantee that if you respect them they will give you more freedom. Make them trust you by showing them that you are the kind of daughter they CAN trust.

Laura, I love you and the last thing I want to do is be another one of those people trying to tell you what to do. I just think that sometimes young people (me included) need to be reminded that parents are people who love us beyond what any friend could ever offer (it's the truth). Remember that and give them yours in return.

I usually don't do posts like this, but I just want you to know what I think. That is what comments are for of course. please don't turn comments off, I promise I won't do it in the future :D

Laura Em said...

Haha. Oh Megs. You know I love you :) Thanks for the advice.. I know. I really know they are there to help me and care about me.. they just show it so much more differently. Haha.