Sunday, July 18, 2010

Growing Up.

I finally have something to write a decent blog about.

Growing up.

Cliche? Maybe. Today I sat in my grandparents living room with my parents and my uncle, and my grandmother. I am very used to adult conversations, as I don't have many cousins my age who are usually just hanging around. So I sit, and listen to their conversations, rarely commenting, I feel like my level of growing up is not at the commenting point yet. Today it was all about my crazy great uncle. He is literally, certifiably crazy. So is my mom's cousin, we'll call her 'H'. My poor great grandpa raised her along with my great grandma, until she died. H is grown up now with two kids of her own. But messed.up. It's sad to see. Drugs, nonsense like that. She has honestly never grown up. She isn't responsible for herself or for her family for that matter. I feel bad for her, but she has made so many decisions wrong.

For awhile, she turned her life around. But she went back to her other ways. Her poor children.. They didn't ask to be born into a life where there was heartbreak and sorrow and barely any window of opportunity for them. They didn't ask for that. Why do they have to get it then?

Then there's my great uncle. We'll call him J. I do not know what is going on in his head. Ever. He goes to Nicaragua once in a while and marries someone random.. Seriously. He can't even speak their language! And yet he marries them. What possesses him to do this? Not a clue. His last wife fell down the stairs and died. He was in the States. She was over there. Are you shaking your head at the situation too?
Anyways, she died. So he went over there a few months ago and was this close to getting remarried. But then his future mother in law to be (?!?!) started stealing everything from him and yada yada yada, future marriage TERMINATED. Ha. This whole thing kills me. It's pretty funny when you think about it.

NOW. He is planning on marrying the niece of his late wife. His late wife was MUCH younger than him to begin with. Uhm. Her niece??

ANYWAYS. This isn't the point I'm trying to make with this blog. Their conversation got me thinking, 'Wow. Life just gets weirder and harder as you get older.'

Two years ago from this last Thursday, my very dear and sweet uncle on my dad's side passed away. He died of a cancerous brain tumor. He was one of the funniest, coolest, brightest, happiest people I know. I miss him so much. I got on my family's website and there was a discussion going about that date, July 15th. It's funny how certain dates have certain feeling and emotions that are supposed to go with them.. But when all is said and done, they are exactly like any other day, he still is gone. My Aunt Step (his wife) is one of the funnest people. I love her so much. They had five boys together, all of which I love so much.

Life is hard. It really is. There is SO much more going on in this world that as a kid, you just don't realize. Some parts of me want to get past this world and go someplace that there isn't going to be drama, deceit, or lies. And the other part of me wants to go back to being naive, where all that really mattered was the flat tire on my bike, which flavor of Popsicle I got, and when the next time Pokemon was going to be on.

But then I realized something.
I NEED TO BE HAPPY WHERE I'M AT IN MY LIFE.

People come, people go, people hurt you, people lie to you, people make the most of second chances, people you love get hurt, people walk away.

But people are just people, and sometimes it doesn't work out.

We just gotta remember: Everything happens for a reason.
It's all in the plan.

My love to all. Laura.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to be honest. i was not gonna read this post because it was real long. hahaha but i am so very glad that i read this. i just really needed to here this. i just really love you. i miss you dearly. and i think you would be totally jealous of me when i say i am currently workin at a daycare and get to be paid to spend time with little kids and play games of wonder and imagination. i love it SO much. it's amazin to witness the way children learn and discover the world. their out look on life is so much more... optimistic. the last few days (i've just started workin there this week) i have just had such a reflective eye openin time. we really need to catch up, cuz, not only has the daycare stuff happened, but also a CRAZY story you are gonna think is.. well, crazy... hahaha i love you babe. your such an amazin person, and i really wish i were more like you.
<3 miss lyss