Friday, July 23, 2010

Addict.

Addiction. Click that link! This dance is incredible. And definitely portrays what I want to blog about right now; Saying goodbye and addiction. They kinda go hand in hand.

How do you know when to say goodbye?

A few weeks ago, I said goodbye to one of my best friends. He knew me better than a lot of people in this world know me. I keep asking myself why I said goodbye.

I needed to. To grow as a person. To learn how to become happy on my own. To separate myself from the lies. To get out of a dramatic place; A place of deceit. A never ending cycle of being lost.

When someone you love hurts you, it kills. It truly does. So does saying goodbye mean I don't forgive? Of course not. I need to take care of myself, and that is how I'm doing it. I separate myself, I take care of myself and get my head on straight.

I'm assuming that when you are reading this, you are thinking of someone in your own life. Who is either hurting you physically, emotionally, mentally. Saying goodbye doesn't mean you don't love them, you can still love them. But take some space for yourself. Take care of who you are.

Whether it's a bad habit, a hurtful person, drugs, whatever; Better yourself. Become the person you want and get rid of whatever it is keeping you down. Unaddict yourself.

Become the person you have always wanted.
Saying goodbye is hard. But once you get past the hard part, it's like a breath of fresh air.
Sigh.
This has been a hard blog to write. Part of me feels like highlighting it all, and pressing back space.
But no.
I am gonna press 'publish post'.
Sigh.

My love to you all. Laura.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you. Letting go is hard but sometimes it is necessary to become a better, more positive person. Kudos on posting this! :)

Lauren
Lrstewart0711.blogspot.com

Laura Em said...

(: Thank you dear.