Tuesday, October 20, 2009

DaNcE

I love beautiful form. I have the flow, but I need more form; more technique. I love my face as a dancer. Weird, I know. I wish I was better at choreography. I am really good at improv, I LOVE IT. But I just can't keep the movements in my head. Maybe I should invest in a video camera? I don't know.. I still wouldn't remember.
I want to apply for sterling scholar. SO BAD. But I don't think I'd get it.. So why try? There are so many dancers better than me in our school. Lots.. I probably wouldn't stand a change.But how would I know if I don't try?
"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
The love of dancing is all that matters.. right? Yesterday in dance class we watched the two of the girls trying for the sterling scholar for this year. It was good to get a feel of what will be in the competition for next year. The first one was more modern, more simplistic. It had alot more emotion, but it may have been too safe. The other one was more contemporary with a little bit of jazz thrown in there; more upbeat. She had alot of flips and jumps, etc. Lots of impressive stuff. She had a kick butt attitude which I loved, but it may have be a little too over the top. [She might also get marked down if it was too jazzy. They said only ballet or modern. I doubt she will thought, because she is a vykelle". One of the main things stopping me from doing sterling scholar is Grace. I will probably write a whole different blog about Grace. She is the most beautiful dancer.. I can't even describe. She would get it for sure.
Dance.. Dance.. Dance.. With my whole heart.

No comments: